Exception when indexing user folder, indexing aborts

Hello,

We purchased the searching/indexing component from you to be able to create an index and have a problem on all our computers when scanning the user folder, e.g. C:\Users\me

Our code is very simple (please ignore the empty property initializers. They don’t matter.):

var index = new GroupDocs.Search.Index(indexDirectory, new IndexSettings { }, overwriteIfExists: false);

index.Add(scanTarget, new IndexingOptions { });

When scanTarget is C:\Users\me, this happens:

1. There is an internal exception in the GroupDocs library.
  2. The index creation is aborted for some reason.

Afterwards, when I call this…

var report = index.GetIndexingReports().First();

…, I’m able to access errors that happened and I can see this exception:

"08/13/2024 13:29:39: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\me\Anwendungsdaten' is denied.
   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerator`1.Init()
   at System.IO.Enumeration.FileSystemEnumerableFactory.UserDirectories(String directory, String expression, EnumerationOptions options)
   at .(String , List`1 )
   at .(String , List`1 )
   at .(List`1 , Boolean )
   at .(String[] , Document[] )
   at .(String[] , Document[] , IndexingOptions )"

That folder “Anwendungsdaten” does not appear in Windows Explorer and is some kind of special folder on Windows , I guess…

And as I said: The index creation is immediately aborted, so we can’t use that feature right now…

1 Like

@jamsharp
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SEARCHNET-3216

This topic has been moved to the related forum: Exception when indexing user folder, indexing aborts - Free Support Forum - groupdocs.com