Convert password protected file and unlock large file

Groupsdocs won’t convert a file because it needs a password but it doesn’t allow me to enter one.
Also, using the remove password app seems to have a size limit. It works with PPTX files under about 25MB but anything larger says: “Something went wrong on our side while uploading the file. Please try again later”. How can these 2 problems be solved?
Kind Regards,
Ric

1 Like

@TeacherRic

Could you please tell us about the source and output files formats? It’d be great if you share the app link where you are facing this issue.

There is a file upload (size) limitation on the free web apps.

The source file is PPT and I want to convert to PPTX. The PPT has a password but the GroupDocs app doesn’t prompt for it. The online version allows password input. After conversion, it can be downloaded sans password. I would like to use the GroupDocs app to do the same.

@TeacherRic

Please have a look at this screenshot.png (47.6 KB). The web app provides feature to unlock the source file by entering it’s password.

I did and when I tried to find that page, it says: errror 404 page not found

@TeacherRic

We cannot reproduce this issue.

• Please go to this PPT to PPTX conversion app
  • Upload password protected Presentation file such as test.zip (36.2 KB)
  • Add password (123456) as mentioned in the screenshot we shared earlier
  • Press convert button

If issue still persists, please share a short video of this issue.

It seems we have a misunderstanding here. I know how to use the online app. I am using the standalone app downloaded and run from my Windows PC. It doesn’t provide any place to enter a password like the web based app.

1 Like

@TeacherRic

Could you please share the app link? We have multiple UI applications. Please specify the one you are using.

image.png (14.3 KB)

image.png (34.2 KB)

As you can see, no place to enter a password

1 Like

@TeacherRic

We’ve logged a request (GROUPDOCSAPP-2221) to add a feature to provide password during file conversion process in the application.